E is getting into a routine for the mornings and evenings now (I hope this is it).
Everyday, he will wake up and "ask" for his feed. Then I would play with him for a few minutes before leaving him on his own in my bed to stretch. Meanwhile, I will prepare his bath...bath him...give him his daily vitamin..and back to his cot again. I will then leave him on his own to look at his musical mobile (yes, I finally bought a battery operated one from Vide Greniers, aka flea market. 12 Euro for a FisherPrice mobile with rotating nightlight that projects onto the wall. Best buy!). On good days, he would check out his mobile for 15 mins or so...5 mins for the days when he is not in a fantastic mood. This leaves me time to gobble down my breakfast and bring out the laundry. E would then ask for his feed again...somehow I think its either he wants to have some milk before napping or he just wants the comfort of sucking (I am going to test this out soon by bottle-feeding him next time instead of latching-on).
For the evening routine, he will usually cry for his milk between 6 to 7pm. Then I would give him a bottle of formula (hoping that he will last longer into the night). After feeding, I would wipe and change him while playing with him. Then, its lights out (dim yellow night light on). Into his "rocker" (temporary using his favorite car seat now) he goes. Then I will sing and rock him to sleep. Again, on good days, I only need to rock for 10 mins...and 45 mins to an hr for days when he is not so sleep.
The afternoons are still a struggle for me. The timing for his feeds are not so regular. I checked with the PD...well, babies are the same as adults...sometimes, we are very hungry and sometimes we are not. Just like us taking our meals and snacks. Hmm...it does make sense. For the afternoon naps, I am also trying to train him to sleep in the sarong cradle (using my friend's one for the moment while waiting for ours to arrive). I hope he get used to his cradle soon. It would be so much easier to coax him to take his afternoon naps then.
Lil' E "trapped" in his sarong cradle.
By the way, I am sourcing for a compact camera that takes good clear shots...somehow, my pictures always turn out blurry (I have shaky hands). Any recommendation?

1 comment:
hi. been visiting ur blog. :), can I link you up? I like to link up new mommies
Post a Comment