Well, it is easy to guess that the busy bee refers to me. I survived three weeks of handling E on my own (Three cheers for myself :P) Everyday, I am very much occupied with the baby and chores...barely have time for myself to take a breather. Even if I managed to find some time to surf the net or use the lappy...its always with a phobia that my little one might wake up any moment. Sometimes I really miss having my own "space". Sighs...that's being a mom to a very attention-seeking child.
Yes, lil' Ethan is wanting more and more of my attention each day. A milestone for E, he is learning to interact with me and his daddy. Everyday, during playtime, we would talk and sing to him...he does respond with smiles and coos. Looking at him smile and making attempts to "talk" really cheers me up at times when I am really beat. Which mom can resist her child's sweet innocent look especially with their killer smile.
This boy is developing a bad habit...he wants to be carried all the time and demands that I walk around while carrying him (I am so tired!) This little cutie just want to check out his surroundings all the time...his eyes are so big when he looks around. I am trying to break this habit...leaving him to cry sometimes...but sometimes, he can cry on and on...HELP!!! I don't know how to stop this habit. Leave him to cry and he will turn all red...Carry him, then I am encouraging this habit. Argh!!! Any suggestions?
P.S. Hmm...there seems to be something wrong with my posting options...somehow, I am unable to change fonts and alignment to my posts. No time to figure anyway.

2 comments:
I will tell you this, but it takes ALOT of perseverence and maybe some tears (maybe not, depends on how you are :P).. you need to wean him off the bad habit of being carried around bit-by-bit. First, put him down and if he cries, let him cry for 3 mins, then continue so with 5 mins, up to maybe 10 mins. In a week, he will get used to being left alone for awhile.
The intention is for him to learn to be by himself for a short time of period (we don't need him to play on his own for half hour) - just enough time for you to get some things done like cleaning up or washing up.
My baby used to be like that too. And I say, train sooner better than later. Of course don't let him cry for a long period of time (>20mins) at this young age.
Thanks for the tip, Tsu Lin. I shall try that.
Post a Comment