the places you’ll go!
The worlds you will visit!
The friends you will know!
I used to read Dr Seuss’s Oh Baby, the Places You’ll Go! (one of the few children books I purchased via Amazon) to Ethan when he was in my womb…a pity, I have yet to find any time to read to him any books since his birth. It is difficult trying to juggle taking care of my baby and house chores since MIL went back last Friday (8th August). I am really thankful that hubby has been quite supportive and tries his best to help out with the chores when he knocks off from work. Though I must apologize to him for the frequent tantrums I threw at him after a long day of frustration and fatigue from taking care of E (Sorry hub! I love you! :P)
A day before MIL’s departure back to Singapore, we decided to bring her out with the baby to Bordeaux. (Yes, Ethan Baby…as promised…one of the places you will visit). Errr…yes, it was quite a “battle” bringing a young baby out. It was a nice cool day for a walk down “Orchard Road” (the busy St Catherine’s St that we Singaporeans here like to call). Nothing much to shop…just mostly window shopping. And of course, we did not miss out on checking out the LV boutique in Bordeaux. My little prince is quite a royalty alright…he sure knows where he wants his feed…where else but the LV boutique? After that, we popped by Zara…well, not much sale left (Argh, this is the second summer sale I missed since I came to France). After that, we decided to head home with takeaway MacDonald’s for dinner instead of the original plan of going for lobsters (Yes, we can imagine how frantic we will get if E fusses while we are halfway through our delicacy…and we are too beat to go through that).
Ethan with Daddy and Mummy at Archachon beach before the Bordeaux city visit.
Ethan with Daddy and Ah Mah at Bordeaux city
E: I don’t just have my meals anywhere outside you know…the venue must be classy like this :p
At the annual Singapore’s National Day celebration held at Cazuax Lake
E: Ah Mah!!! Don't go back to Singapore!!!
It’s been a week since MIL went back. We trio are still surviving (thank god!) Mostly, the thought that things will get better when E stabilizes in two or three months’ time kept hubby and I going. We can’t wait for the day to arrive. Taking care of E during the day on my own is quite tedious…this little prince is so unpredictable…one day he is like this, the next he is totally different. Well, I supposed that’s how babies are. I am still trying to figure out his needs and wants each day. And of course, I am trying my very best to curb the urge to clean up the house or do chores and go catch up on my sleep instead.
New things I learnt about Ethan this week
He enjoys having his hair washed…just like the salon style :p
The most ironic thing is that as much as this little prince enjoys his hair wash, he is not very receptive to being immerse in the tub of water during his bath. Perhaps he is afraid that Mummy might lose her grip on him. ~ Don’t worry baby, I will hold on to you dearly! ~
E loves to watch the colorful mobile by this cot…though his attention span on it can only probably last three rounds or so… (well, as least he is keen to watch)
His car seat…he loves that for NOW…and would stop crying when we rock him inside. Thank god!
Well, I am now totally a 24/7 mother, acting totally on my son’s commands (or rather cries). And here he goes again…got to go! (This explains why it took me 4 days to write this blog entry).
P.S. I chopped off my long hair a day after MIL left...imagine how stressed I am. Heehee...keep a lookout for my new haircut in next post.

No comments:
Post a Comment