Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

E...the Screamer!!!!!!

Well, now that E recovered from his HFMD, he is back to his nonsense. Yesterday, he kept crying, demanding that I carry him around the house. I am too beat to do that and decided to let him know that in life, he don't always get what he wants (too young? It's never too early to start...) And so, I just left him to cry...or rather scream. Check out the video below of him screaming on my lap...



Loud, isn't he? At least I know he has great lungs and vocal. For those whose heart melted after seeing this clip, do not be deceived. I forgot to mention my baby is a great actor too :p Below is clip showing him at the screaming and crying 20 minutes later. Notice that his eyes are actually looking at the distractions around him while tearing. Well son, got to show you who is boss...heehee.



After crying 20 minutes on my lap, I moved him to his baby gym in the living room. His crying stopped instantly!

Arghs! Then 5 minutes later, he got bored again and started the soap opera again. Determined not to give in to him, I kept myself busy with dinner preparation. I am kinda getting immune to his screams now. Music to my ears...haha



About 10 minutes later, the loud screams turned into soft sobs. I peeked over from the kitchen and found droopy eyes E sucking his fist (with his hanky). Finally he is tired. Not before long, he felt asleep. Hippee! Battle won. (Evil mummy, ain't I :p)

4 comments:

Shannon's Mummy said...

Yipeee!! Battle WON!!!

Nah.. u r not a bad mummy.. Just make sure everything is alright while he is crying.

Baby sometimes can be sensitive. You don't want him to feel lonely/deserted or helpless after the crying eposide. Thus, make sure you give him a tight hug and talk "sense" to him or re-assured ur love to him. They are young but somehow they will understand! ;p

SAHM Discoveries said...

Good job Kym, finally you have 忍下心 to do that to Ethan. 3 cheers for you...

thatmomoffour said...

Yep, babies will definitely want to be carried all the time by their mommies but that's just not practical for us at all.So this is just an inevitable phase we all have to go through, painful as it may be.....

Kymmie said...

Yes. I am determined to "train" him. Let's hope he will get the point fast...save the agony for both of us. Heehee.
I also noticed that he usually acts up during the evening especially...think he knows Daddy is home and that his father will give in to him. Argh!