I've been toying with the idea of training lil E to go to the toilet for poopoo a couple of months back...but as usual procasination kicks in. I finally set my mind to do it after coming back from my hometrip in June.
I began the training using the potty that I bought from Ikea. Everytime, I see the "I want to do big business" face on Ethan, I would drop everything that I am doing, pick him up and rush to the potty like lightning! The first few attempts were tough. The little one put on a big struggle whenever I put him on the potty. I got to hold him down...but he did his poopoo there anyway.
This continues for a couple of weeks. The little one would scream and struggle each time...I was so afraid that he would knock off the potty. It is of good intention that I am doing this training now...but I do not wish to participate in any cleaning of the poo poo on the floor ...so I decided to get a toilet seat reducer. Instead of the potty, I would assist the little one to do his "business" in the toilet like an adult. The screaming and struggling still continue...but I did not give up. The training continues.
The most interesting thing happened this morning. I was in the kitchen fixing lunch for the little one...then I heard him crying for me on the sofa. Earlier, I have placed him on the sofa to watch his favourite shows and he obediently sat there for a long time! And so I thought the crying was a signal that he was getting bored, and so I ignored him. Usually, the little one would make him way to the kitchen if I did not respond to his cries. He did not...and continued screaming. I came out and saw the "face". I ask if he wants to poopoo and he cried. Rushed him to the toilet and indeed he wanted to use the toilet. Finally! I am seeing some signs of success in my training...hope this lasts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
congrats, jia you! Let's work twds our success in potty training...
yes cindy...but i still have a long way to go...can't wait for E to go toilet for peepee too..haha
Well done, Kym! As I have "explained" on Beny's FB photos of E's potty training, I am just a slacker who is putting this off. I hope I can have your determination & enthusiasm in doing this. Wish me luck.
And congrats on E's success :)
Post a Comment